25 - Mikael Eriksson on Frequency vs Duration
Friend of the show and host of the terrific 'That Triathlon Show' Mikael Eriksson comes back on the pod to discuss his thoughts on prioritizing frequency or duration.
DOWNLOAD THE DECISION TREE FIRST!
- 5:00 intensity, duration, and frequency
- 6:30 the decision tree
- 9:00 the role of frequency and duration in skill acquisition, running economy, and injury risk
- 14:15 Anders Eriksson’s ‘deliberate practice’ and the utility of being fresh when learning a new skill
- 16:00 the value of training fatigued
- 18:30 the global view of training load and other training variables
- 21:30 are you a diesel engine? Vroom vroom!
- 25:30 advice for non-‘diesels’
- 29:30 advice for those training for long races (> 10k)
- 31:45 the value of the long run
- 40:00 the summary
- 41:30 considerations for multisport athletes
Check out Mikael's That Triathlon Show, and specifically his Q&A 51 episode.
Check out the latest smart trainer from 4iiii the Fliiiight. And ask your questions about Michael's group strength classes and indoor track workouts by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org