57 - Notio Aerometer and Swearing
Andrew and Michael cover the performance enhancing effects of swearing and the Notio Aerometer. We are NOT swearing AT the Notio Aerometer. Just to be clear.
- 1:00 study on effects of swearing on perception of pain found that uttering the word ‘fuck’ during an ice-water submergence trial allowed participants to last 30% longer than those using control words.
- 6:30 cross-cultural study comparing the efficacy of swearing in English and Japanese speakers
- 14:45 listener challenge
- 16:00 Notio Aerometer initial impressions
- The CdA calculator / aero test protocol on the Notio app
- Repeatability in testing appears to be there
- Displayed CdA during a workout is not very actionable at this point
- 33:30 discussion of limitations of any aero sensor
- 38:45 virtual wind tunnel analysis vs an on-bike aero sensor: virtual for development and testing and real-world for validation