All About Power Meters with Scott Cooper
This week, we speak with Andrew's colleague Scott Cooper. Scott is a product engineer at 4iiii, and knows more about the design and function of power meters than anyone else we know, and we know a lot of smart people!
- 0:45 Meet Scott Cooper
- 1:40 a (very) brief history of power meters
- 5:05 the many forms of power meters
- 8:00 how power meters work
- 10:50 the case for cleaning your drivetrain
- 12:50 a deep dive into power meter accuracy
- 16:20 the accuracy-obsessed power meter buyers guide
- 26:35 the trouble with signal dropouts and how the industry is working to address the issue
- 33:40 single-sided vs dual-sided power meters
- 38:40 a powerful case for the dual-sided option
- 41:35 current challenges for the industry: Shimano’s new asymmetrical cranksets
- 47:10 what’s the future for power meters
White paper on 4iiii accuracy and testing protocol.
Keep up with us at STAC, 4iiii, and X3. If you like the show, rate and review us on iTunes and tell your friends!