Dan Bigham Returns
Aerodynamicist, author, and British Hour Record holder Dan Bigham is back to talk about the UK nationals, his recent leapfrog of Bradley Wiggins for the Hour, his book, and the evolution of - you guessed it - aero testing.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 2:45 Dan’s go at the UK nationals TT
- 4:30 what do elites get in their ear on the team radio?
- 7:00 audience effect on RPE
- 9:30 post hoc analysis of the UK National TT
- 12:00 the value of nailing the corners
- 15:45 role of mental fatigue on bike handling
- 17:45 tires and bike handling
- 21:45 Dan’s successful go at the UK Hour Record
- 27:00 the cost of attempting the World Hour
- 29:45 why a negative split?
- 35:30 0.160!
- 36:00 if UCI regulations how low can Dan’s CdA go??
- 38:30 how aero can triathletes get?
- 41:15 when is the next attempt?
- 43:00 heat adaptation training and optimal temps for the hour record
- 44:30 on cadence
- 47:15 Dan’s first book ‘Start at the End’
- 53:00 the evolution of Dan’s aero testing in the prior 12 months
For more on Dan, you can check out:
Livestream of the hour record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr66nPikPn4
Alternative (better) commentary here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zTvdEN75kE
Behind the scenes video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9_CLI7b9ic&t=2s
Start At The End book link: https://www.shopforwatts.co.uk/collections/wattshop-aero-testing-performance-modelling/products/start-at-the-end-book