Ever wonder if getting high is worth it? This week, Andrew and Michael talk about the effects of altitude and oxygen concentration on training and racing.
- 3:40 living at sea level then moving to altitude
- 9:55 the aerodynamics of higher altitude
- 13:15 everyday training interventions using altitude or hypoxia
- 14:45 ‘live low – train high’
- 20:40 respiration restriction masks
- 24:15 ‘live high – train low’
- 28:30 non-responders to altitude stimulation
- 34:00 how far can you push the excess oxygen advantage?
- 37:40 effects of altitude on performance (ftp) testing
- 40:00 listener question on the use of power during outdoor rides
The Cycling Power Lab altitude calculator
EP 13 - Sebastian Weber
Keep up with us at STAC, 4iiii, and X3. If you like the show, rate and review us on iTunes and tell your friends!