Mark Ernsting and Ben Bschaden of Gibli are on this week to present their G10 sensor and speak to its advantages and novel solutions to the challenges of evaluating cycling aerodynamics.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 1:45 meet Mark and Ben of Gibli
- 7:15 the ‘why’ of starting Gibli
- 13:00 a description of the Gibli aerometer
- 18:30 a summary of aero testing variables and the challenges they present to accurately measuring aero drag
- How does Gibli measure / calculate changes in elevation
- How can Gibli accurately capture acceleration without a dedicated speed sensor
- 26:15 is the aerosensor designed more for dedicated testing or for everyday use?
- 33:15 the Gibli app and testing protocol
- 43:00 on offering guidance to improve aerodynamics for the average user
- 48:45 the challenges of adoption of new tech
- 51:00 other testing route considerations and limitations
- 57:45 how does Gibli handle rolling resistance and potential changes in CRR over the course of the day as temperatures change?
- 62:00 how accurate is the system?
Read more about Gibli on their website and follow them on Instagram.