It's Getting Hot in Here
Andrew and Michael discuss everyone's favourite subject: heat and mass transfer! Seriously. But we do give you a good deal of practical advice on dealing with training and racing in hot conditions
- 4:00 You’re just a bucket full of heat moving through this world!
- 5:45 Heat generated during exercise
- 9:05 The case of a hot, stuffy basement (and Andrew wearing a parka)
- 10:47 Now add a dash of noonday sun
- 14:23 Emptying your ‘bucket’ or how to manage heat
- 16:30 Turn on our fans now! Or how much can active convection help with cooling
- 20:40 Can Andrew ride for two hours at 300W??
- 21:20 Why sweat is an athlete’s best friend, or all about evaporative heat transfer
- 23:05 How much does Andrew sweat??
- 25:10 The executive summary
- 25:30 Sunny vs Cloudy
- 26:27 How kangaroos hacked evaporative heat transfer
- 28:00 The psychology of ‘feeling’ hot
- 32:20 Andrew Vs Welland (the race)
- 33:55 How to beat the heat
- 35:40 The utility of cold beverages. Iced cap anyone?
- 38:50 Drink your liquids! Here’s the why and the how?
- 42:35 How to dress for success (in endurance sports)
- 44:00 Heat acclimation
- 45:15 Hit the sauna!
- 46:25 Use the heat to train smarter
- 49:00 What’s in the pipeline for STAC?
Snag a STAC Halcyon smart trainer, now at 50% off! Don't miss this insane deal. Once the boys move to AB, you're outta luck!
Keep up with us at STAC, 4iiii, and X3. If you like the show, rate and review us on iTunes and tell your friends!