John Buckley of Streamlines and Velosense
John Buckley, co-founder of Velosense and Streamlines, is on to talk about his aero and position sensors and to chip in on our favourite debate: the utility of real-time cycling CdA.
Endurance Innovation is now on Patreon! Have a peek at our page and show us some love.
- 1:45 meet John Buckley of Streamlines and Velosense
- 8:15 the birth and current state of the Streamlines Aeros aerometer
- 17:00 on aerometer accuracy and repeatability in outdoor testing
- 26:00 the Forma rider position sensor
- 34:15 on the individuality of helmets and head positions
- 37:30 on the pitfalls of displaying real-time CdA and the challenges involved in doing so
- 46:30 possible use cases of real-time CdA despite its handicaps
- 50:30 Streamilines data analysis
- 56:15 a brief discussion of the effect of tire temperature on rolling resistance
Keep up with Streamlines on their website. Follow Velosense on Instagram.