Marco Altini on Biofeedback
HRV4Training founder Marco Altini returns to introduce Biofeedback training and explain its application to both athletic and more everyday pursuits.
- 3:00 what is HRV-breath work biofeedback and how does it differ from HRV assessments?
- 5:30 how does breath affect HRV and our autonomic nervous system?
- 10:00 the mechanics of biofeedback practice: how does it work?
- 12:15 applications of biofeedback practice for endurance athletes
- May not apply directly to endurance competition, but may have beneficial effects in global stress management during training and racing
- 18:15 the state of research into biofeedback
- 20:30 potential application in improving post-exercise autonomic NS recovery
- 23:45 biofeedback training techniques and tools
- Deep breathing at ~6 breaths per minute
- Ideal duration not yet established. 2x 20’ daily proposed, but may be a fair bit shorter
- 29:00 are there plans to link the base HRV4T app with its Biofeedback brother?
- 34:30 the breathing resonant frequency
- Approximately 0.1Hz
- Looking to maximize variation between inhale and exhale phases in instantaneous HR
- 50:50 ratio of inhale : exhale - or somewhat longer exhale
- 41:00 Marco’s greatest curiosity around biofeedback
Check out the HRV4Training Biofeedback App on the Apple App Store. Learn more about HRV4Training or Marco at their respective websites and follow them on Instagram and Facebook.