Michael Runs a Trail Race
Michael talks about his first trail ultra experience. Using power to pace the effort, long race psychology, and how good lying down feels.
- 6:15 – kudos to the race directors
- 7:00 – time trialing vs racing
- 10:10 – pacing the race using power
- 17:45 – hills and burning matches
- 20:40 – using power to pace hills
- 23:50 – race pacing assessment
- 24:45 – so how’d you do??
- 27:50 – the psychology of getting back up
- 29:30 – Michael’s mental coping strategies
- 32:00 – Andrew’s mental coping strategies
- 34:30 – the value of process goals and focusing on actionable information
- 37:40 – Michael’s hydration strategy
- 40:30 – the importance of flexibility
- 41:40 – Andrew’s nutrition plan for IM Maryland
- 45:00 – friend of the show and Andrew’s coworker Scott Cooper meets a bear
Learn more about the excellent Chase the Coyote Trail race on their website.
Listen also to our shows on:
Steve Palladino and Running with Power
Keep up with us at 4iiii, and X3. If you like the show, rate and review us on iTunes and tell your friends!