Steve Palladino and Running with Power
Running coach Steve Palladino speaks with Andrew and Michael about the role of running power meters in run training and racing.
- 1:15 meet Steve Palladino
- 5:30 how do run power meters work and the Stryd power meter
- 14:00 why measuring running power is so very complicated
- 17:30 reliability vs accuracy
- 20:30 improving elastic energy return and Stryd’s Leg Spring Stiffness (LSS) metric
- 25:45 why is power better than pace?
- 32:30 effects of running surfaces and running shoes on power and running effectiveness (RE)
- 36:45 how important is that LSS metric?
- 39:30 can Stryd identify foot strike patterns?
- 40:30 can Stryd help pick the fastest shoe?
- 43:45 running aerodynamics and the new Stryd Gen 3 sensor
- 56:45 comparing running power targets between open run races and triathlon run legs
- 1:03:15 David Noseworthy’s question about Nathan Killam’s descending position
Use code coach-liberzon to get 15% off your very own Stryd Gen 3 running power meter.
Steve's article library
Adjusting power for triathlon run legs
Steve on That Triathlon Show
Palladino Power Project on Facebook
Keep up with us at STAC, 4iiii, and X3. If you like the show, rate and review us on iTunes and tell your friends!